All awards are open to staff and the public to nominate and you are encouraged to submit as many nominations forms as you like. You can also submit the same service for more than one award as long as it matches the individual criteria.
A special award recognising an exceptional employee or team who, in the opinion of the Chairman, embodies the Trust’s vision of ‘building healthier lives’ and purpose of ‘serving patients with excellence in care and improving the health of our communities’.
Nominees will have made an outstanding contribution to the Trust.
Chief Executive’s Award
An award given by the Chief Executive to an individual or team who best represents the values of Trust through Innovation and Creativity:
This award celebrates the innovative practices and services inspired by the unique relationship between staff, patient and partners of the Trust. This award showcases and strengthens the links between innovation and improving patient care.
- Caring – treats everyone with compassion and respect
- Honest – truthful and open with all
- Supportive – works together to get things done
- Accountable – takes personal and collective responsibility for doing our best
- the benefits gained from the innovation in practice
- the evidence base on which the change was made
- the extent to which the change in practice is outside the expectations of the individual’s or team’s role
- advancement of technology and treatments to help patients
Chief Nurse’s Award
An award given by the Chief Nurse to a nurse or midwife who has demonstrated outstanding inspirational leadership and support to a team or clinical project.
- your work to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your service
- how the wider profession can learn from your initiatives to improve patient care
- gaining recognition from your peers, by becoming known for being at the sharp end of patient care and at the cutting edge of service improvement
Outstanding Clinical Care Award
An award recognising the outstanding contribution of a team or individual directly involved with patient care. Nominees embody the Trust’s purpose of ‘serving our patients with excellence in care and improving the health of our communities’.
- Changes to patient pathway
- Improvements in discharge
- Improvements to community care
- Improved clinical outcomes
Outstanding Non-Clinical Care Award
An award recognising the outstanding contribution of a team or individual towards the implementation of a new service, or instigation and delivery of a service re-design in a non-clinical area.
Nominees are able to evidence the improvements made and how they represent the Trust’s values: Caring, Honest, Supportive and Accountable and embodies the Trust’s vision of ‘Building Healthier Lives’
- Improvements in support of non-clinical staff
- Improvements in support of clinical staff
- Improvements in administrative processes
Training, Education & Well-being Award
Education makes a difference. This award recognises an individual or team who has made a significant contribution to training or education of healthcare workers and/or healthcare students.
The award is open to all staff and nominees should represent the Trust’s values: Caring, Honest, Supportive and Accountable. The winning submission will demonstrate the positive effects and outcomes of the educational intervention
Patient Carer Award
An award voted for by patients at the Trust to celebrate dignity in care and recognising staff that tirelessly serve patients with excellence; that demonstrate dignity in care and have made an outstanding contribution to their experience
Governors’ Going Above and Beyond Award
An award to recognise an individual who consistently treating everyone fairly with dignity and respect, and makes the extra effort over and above their normal duties with their colleagues, patients or visitors. Nominees exemplify the Trust’s values: Caring, Honest, Supportive and Accountable.
- Excellence in customer care
- Meeting the needs of relatives
- Commitment to supporting colleagues
Volunteer of the Year Award
An award recognising volunteers who have made an outstanding contribution to patient experience, through giving their time and energy selflessly. A volunteer who has responded to the needs of others and taken the time to listen and find out what matters
Nominees exemplify the Trust’s values: Caring, Honest, Supportive and Accountable.
- Patient care
- Administration support
- Customer Care
- Improving Patient Experience
Team of the Year Award
An award given to an outstanding team either clinical or non-clinical, who help, support and challenge each other to deliver exceptional results for patient care and service delivery. A team that works effectively, take pride in their work and are accountable, taking personal and collective responsibility in order to achieve common goals.
Behind the Scenes Award
From porters to PAs, cleaners to catering, HR to finance, the Trust employs an army of support staff, working behind the scenes to ensure the smooth-running of the Trust. This award is to recognise an unsung hero amongst the support staff who consistently performs above and beyond the call of duty in carrying out their day-to-day tasks.
All staff given a compassion card (throughout the last 12 months) will automatically be entered into this award.
Charity Supporters of the year Award – Good Hope, Heartlands, Solihull
These awards aim to recognise those generous people who dedicate their time and effort to help the Heart of England NHS (HEFT) Charity at each hospital achieve its goal to “achieve excellence in care by assisting with advances in research, patient care, and the latest innovative equipment.”
- how the supporter made an outstanding contribution to the QEHB Charity (including non-financial contributions)
- how the supporter challenged themselves and achieved an ambitious goal (including non-financial)
- how the supporter promoted the HEFT Charity via the media